Sunday, March 11, 2012

lenten lights {third sunday}

today is the third sunday of lent.
i've been participating in a collection of readings and scriptures to honor this season.
to encourage me to honestly confess my sins,
and to celebrate the new life in christ jesus!
i'll be sharing some of the scripture portion here.
click on the lent label to catch up with those, if you'd like.

in addition to that,
i'm following along with the lenten lights program at desiring god:


today's reading is from genesis 6-9.


But God remembered Noah
and all the beasts
and all the livestock that
were with him in the ark.
And God made a wind blow over the earth,
and the waters subsided.
The fountains of the deep
and the windows of the
heavens were closed,
the rain from the heavens
was restrained.
{genesis 8:1-2}

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds,  I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh.
And the waters shall never again
become a flood to destroy all flesh.
{genesis 9:12-15}

No comments:

Post a Comment