Wednesday, February 24, 2010

milestone

But may it never be that I would boast,
except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me,
and I to the world. galatians 6:14
I WAS CONVERTED JUST OVER TEN YEARS AGO. SHORTLY AFTERWARDS, THE FIRST MILESTONE IN MY WALK WITH CHRIST OCCURRED:
NEARLY TEN YEARS AGO, I HOPPED ONTO A BUS (KNOWING ONLY ONE OF THE THIRTY OTHER PASSENGERS) AND HEADED TO TENNESSEE. THE DESTINATION WAS "PASSION: ONE DAY". IT WAS A THREE DAY GATHERING MADE UP OF 55,000 18-30 YEAR OLDS. THE PURPOSE WAS PRAYER AND GROWTH. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING SO POWERFUL BEFORE OR SINCE THAT EVENT. JOHN PIPER AND BETH MOORE WERE AMONG THE SPEAKERS THERE. I STILL HAVE MY WORN LITTLE BROWN JOURNAL, WITH THE NOTES FROM THEIR MESSAGES. GOD SPOKE TO ME THROUGH THEM BOTH. PARTICULARLY PIPER'S. I WAS JUST ON DESIRING GOD'S HOMEPAGE AND SAW A LINK FOR THIS MESSAGE! I AM SHARING IT WITH YOU. I HAVE THE DVD OF THIS EVENT, AND WATCH THIS MESSAGE A FEW TIMES EACH YEAR. I WILL ALWAYS PRAISE JESUS FOR THOSE SLEEPLESS, SHOWERLESS, HOT AND RAINY DAYS/NIGHTS IN THE PASTURES OF SHELBY FARMS IN TENNESSEE!
read it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment