Thursday, October 20, 2005

my latest challenge, from j. bridges, wanna join me?

What about those issues that are not specifically mentioned in the Scriptures? How do we determine God's will and develop conviction in those areas? As simple as this formula may appear, it is powerful in developing conviction---if we are willing to use it. These questions can get rather searching. They must be asked if we are to pursue holiness as a total way of life.
FORMULA: HOW TO KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG (from 1 corinthians)
"Everything is permissible for me--but not everything is beneficial." 6:12
question one: Is it helpful---physically, spiritually and mentally?

"Everything is permissible--but I will not be mastered by anything." 6:12
questions two: Does it bring me under its power?

"Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall." 8:13
question three: Does it hurt others?

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 10:31
question four: Does it glorify God?

No comments:

Post a Comment