Thursday, October 20, 2005

HOW CAN YOU DETERMINE YOUR PRIORITIES? (snippet from joyce meyer)
The best way I have found to determine if God is first in my life is to slow down and ask myself some simple questions: What do I think about the most? What is the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing on my mind at night? What do I pray and talk about the most? What subjects fill my conversations with God and with others? What do I do with my time? If we spend an hour a week praying and fifteen hours a week playing golf, then golf is a higher priority than God. If we spend thirty minutes praying and thirty minutes reading the Bible every week but spend fifteen hours watching TV, then TV is a higher priority than God. The truth is that we make time for what we really want to do. We all have the same number of hours in a day and for the most part, we each set our own schedule. If we want to spend time with God then we must make Him priority. What about your money? Ask yourself: Is it easy for me to spend money on a new outfit, another pair of earrings or something for my car or house but difficult to obey God at offering time? Do I find it easier to spend money on eating out than on something to feed my spirit? Money itself is not evil—it's the love of money that is a root of all evil. If I love God more than money, I can use my money the way God tells me and be at peace. However, if I love my money more than I love God, I am probably going to get upset or act like I didn't hear Him when He asks me to do something with it that I don't want to do. Now, I have nothing against having money or things, but we cannot chase after them or put our trust in them. Things can break or be stolen. Money can be lost or stolen as well. The Bible says, Do not gather and heap up and store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust and worm consume and destroy, and where thieves break through and steal. But gather and heap up and store for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also (Matthew 6:19-21).

1 comment:

  1. The truth is that we make time for what we really want to do.
    OUCH.
    How true that is.
    Thank you, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete